Jack not only plays live performances he also offers online session drumming. With a vast experience of both live and studio settings, Jack can cater to all styles of music.
Drums make or break a record!
Regardless of how good your samples are nothing can replace the sound of a well-recorded acoustic drum kit.
Jack is happy to discuss the sound you are after and generally asks for 2-4 reference tracks so he can then think about his kit set up, skin choices, drum tuning, cymbal choices and microphone placement to optimise the sound for your tracks.
The method of remote recording is becoming more preferable within the industry as it provides high quality but cheap recordings for songs, without you having to leave your home.
Drum tracks are recorded at StudiOwz, where you’ll receive the expertise of both Jack and experienced Producer, Studio Engineer Owain, all for the price of one! Follow the link for studio equipment listings.
For booking enquiries visit the contact page.
How it works
1. Send Jack the song you would like drums for. (All tracks MUST be recorded to click.) If possible, send guide track stems or a full mix via digital download, DVD or WAV stems.
Getting as close to the master as possible is preferred, as Jack can then work alongside what is going on and drum tracks will generally be more musical! A Midi drum track demo-ing what you have in mind is also great, although a detailed description of any ideas you have is just as good!
2. Jack will take it away, pick the right tools for the job then record some drums. Depending on his schedule this will be done within 7 days (unless stated otherwise).
3. Jack will then send you an Mp3 with his drum tracks added. You decide if any changes are needed. If there are, he will go away again, re-record and then send you the new file. (*)
4. Once you are 100% happy with the drum tracks we discuss if you would like to pay a further £30 for a professional mix. If you wish to do the mix yourself we can discuss how you would like to receive the files to add to your project. (*)
5. We send you an invoice. Once the full amount is paid, Jack will send you the files in the format of your choice. (#)
(*) A maximum of 3 changes can be made under the original quote. Any additional changes after that will cost extra.
(#) The final drum files will only be released upon full payment of invoices. Credit must be given on CD artwork/online releases/write ups etc